Saturday, May 15, 2010

Day 11 Logrono - Najera (31kms)

We cheated bigstyle today! Had such a terrible night in the hostal
that we got on the bus out of Logrono and stayed on it all the way to
next etape. We found a Pensione straight away - don't know the cost yet.

The night was horrible - people packed in head to toe - coughing and
spluttering and snoring - neither of us could sleep and weren't fit
for walking today.

Sent from my iPhone

Day turned out not so bad. Had a walk around town, bought lunch and walked back along the camino for a bit without bags. Met up with Gerda again who walked most of it

2 comments:

  1. I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight! I know it was a big adjustment for me in Spain after the Le Puy route, but when you have walked on the even quieter Vezelay route, the adjustment to the crowds must be huge. Bon courage, and I hope the weather improves! And that the snorers all go home lol. Or that you find the perfect pair of earplugs. Great selection in Viana but you have passed by there now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know when you will have the ability to watch YouTube clips, but here is one of the funniest things I have seen about snoring on the Camino. It will probably be easier to appreciate it when you are home again!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZmtTK_sKIc

    ReplyDelete